Blue Brick Heritage can assess works and advise clients on the legal requirements, and can also provide supporting documentation (archaeological or architectural impact assessments) for planning applications. Consulting an expert before the completion of all formal plans for a project allows you to avoid having to make potentially costly changes at a later time.

The development and promotion of heritage sites, or conducting work to registered monuments or protected structures, often requires planning permission or formal Ministerial Consent. Because of the legal status of many heritage sites, such permissions can be required even in instances where works would normally be exempt- for example changing windows in a house that is in an architectural conservation area (an ACA) requires permission from the local conservation officer or from the relevant authorities in the Department of Arts Heritage and the Gaeltacht.

toe head